Remember when you were a child and you had an effortless level of creativity? Here are some tips to help get your creative juices flowing so that you can achieve more in the workplace.
1. Create a positive environment. Create a space that helps get your juices flowing. Put up a whiteboard somewhere in your creative environment so that you can jot down any ideas that pop up.
2. Collaborate with other people. Two heads are better than one, so make it a team effort. Bounce ideas off of each other and you may be surprised by what you can achieve together.
We all have those days when things just don’t go our way. Rather than dwell on the day’s shortcomings, follow this advice and pick yourself up out of the trenches!
1. Go grab some sushi! Omega-3 fatty acids that are abundant in seafood are linked to raised levels of dopamine and seratonin, the same brain chemicals boosted by antidepressants.
2. Lift your spirits with scent. Studies have shown that people who sniffed lavender or orange were likely to be less stressed. Spritz on a scent with these notes and you will soon find your mood on the rise.
3. Go get some sun! Too little sunshine can lead to Vitamin D deficiencies. A recent study found that Vitamin D levels were 14% lower in depressed people.